Fonts Installation & Implementation Instructions
1. After downloading Unzip the file, then go to 'Start' - go to 'Settings' and then 'Control Panel' - a window will open.
2. In that window double click on 'Fonts' and open.
3. In the window of Fonts, click on 'File' then click on 'Install New Font'
4. A window will pop-up, select the folder in which you have downloaded the font.
PLEASE NOTE: When you download below of any fonts save it directly in C:/ or D:/ Drive, whichever present in your computer, and avoid sub-folders. In this way you will able to select easily the place where, the font is present.
5. After you have selected the folder, the computer will automatically retrive the fonts present in that folder and display it in the upper box.
For Example: If you have downloaded Al-Fatemi Font. directly download in the D:/ drive. or download it anywhere and then cut/copy the font and paste it in the D:/ drive. Now when the 'Add Font' pop window will open (after selecting the 'Install New Font') select 'd:' from drives and automatically Al-Fatemi Font will be detected and added on the upper box.
6. Now click on the 'Select All' in that window and click 'OK' and your font will get installed.
How to use dawat fonts? in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Power point etc.)/Note pad/ and anywhere else?
1. Open the word document or a notepad, wordpad etc.
2. Press 'Alt + Shift' from your keyboard. This will change the language which can be seen on the Font bar (in case of Microsofy Office / word pad etc.). Now as our dawat-ni-zaban or arabic starts from right-to-left press your right side 'Clt + Shift' and here it is, play with keyboard and you will see dawat zaban getting typed.
3. To go back to English version again click 'Alt + Shift' and your left side 'Clt + Shift'.
4. If this is not working that means you have not selected Arabic from your 'Code page conversion table'.
PLEASE NOTE: Before you follow this below steps, you will need the CD of your Windows Pack (which ever you are using, Windows XP, 2003, etc.) which is running in your pc or the Window pack (Window Service Pack Setup File) must be somewhere in your harddrive or external hardisk saved, or contact your system administrator.
5. To select Arabic from your 'Code page conversion table' go again to control panel (follow instruction 1. from Instructions).
6. Double click on 'Regional and Language Options'
7. A window will pop-up. Go to the 'Advanced' tab. There you will see 'Code page conversion table' Section. In this section you will have to select (Tick) all the columns where Arabic is mentioned. From top to down.
8. Click 'Apply'. This will open a window, Browse and go to the location where the Window Service Pack Setup File is saved or if you have a cd then select the cd drive.
9. Click 'OK'.
10. Once it is installed, then you can proceed with 'How to use dawat fonts?'